Thursday 16 February 2017

A Fresh Start.....

So its taken me a while to really think what I'm doing and where I'm going..... so were starting a fresh... just what I need.... 

I am determined to get back to cards as well as keeping ups with my paper cutting, crochet and everything else I love to do with paper!!! Crafting has really helped me through the last few months and now I have to get back to sharing it with you all... 


So anyone that followed me from my old blog will know that I finally learnt to crochet in 2015.... It only took 14 years from wanting to learn to understand what I'm doing... its lovely to be able sit down with Mr B and spend time together, well in the same room at least!!!  But what I love is that I'm still being creative without him realising shhhh - so I think!!!
I know he doesn't mind as it makes me stay awake when I get time to sit on the sofa!!!  The only problem I have is that I have (off the top of my head) 5 different projects on the go at once... I think I need to make the butterfly sit and finish them before starting anything else!! 

So lost has happened but the most amazing this for me is that I have gone back to cards, I the past few years I have dabbled in many crafts, most paper but other things too, BUT I always come back to paper crafts!!! 

So my initial starting point with retuning to colouring was in mid January - even though I purchased a full set of Prismacolor pencils for my 30th in August last year!! They sat there, looking very pretty and untouched - but then......

It all started with Christmas cards and the Copics, now I could never colour teddies before, however something has changed and now I can.... 


I am so in love with James Big Star, (available here from LOTV) he was one of the first Lili of the Valley rubber stamps I ever purchased many years ago! I still have him here now and I LOVE him!!  The papers are scraps I have used up from my case and the flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts that again have sat here stashed for far too long!!! 

So I mentioned my Prismacolor pencils that I purchased with my birthday money last year and so after attempting them with no real understanding and failing..... I had to get the 'Perfect Pencils' class from Kit and Clowder - well why spend the money on the tools and not know what your doing... 


So thanks to the amazing class (even though I have only read what I can - I'm a visual learner from videos normally!!) I have managed to colour the beautiful Bonny Tilda from Magnolia with just the pencils!!  This has always been a stamp I love from the day it was released, but I LOVE it even more now that I have coloured it in pencils and thats only thanks to the classes from Kit and Clowder - the amazing Alyce has so many amazing classes available and they help so much!!! 

SO I think I have bored you enough for now - Im off to colour some more.... I will see you all tomorrow! 

The Butterfly 
x
:) 








1 comment:

  1. Crocheting is such a lovely hobby, I taught myself last year and make Amigurumi animals. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete